1. APPLICATION. You may utilize the eBill Service after you complete the information requested online (including the selection of a User ID and password) and we process your request. We will contact you to verify the information you provided to us. We will contact you by email or text message when your bill is available for viewing and payment.
2. USER ID. The User ID and the password you select must be used each time you access the eBill Service. Each person with a User ID and password is authorized by you to use the eBill service, including the authorization of payment by debiting your designated account(s) or, where available, a charge to your credit card. You agree not to disclose or otherwise make User IDs and passwords available to anyone not authorized to view and access the information available on eBill. Your Health Plan shall have no liability for unauthorized access to your information or any unauthorized payments of your bills.
3. DATA SECURITY . You acknowledge that the data available through eBill contains personal health information protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and other state and federal privacy laws. You will access eBill only from secure computers, and will maintain reasonable and appropriate security procedures, as required by HIPAA, to prevent unauthorized access to data.
4. TERMINATION. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the eBill Service at any time with or without cause. We may immediately terminate your use of the eBill Service if: you breach any agreement with us (including breaching any provisions of a benefit contract) or we have reason to believe that there has been or may be unauthorized use of your User ID, password, or the eBill Service.
5. PAYMENT TYPES. a. Recurring Payments. You can set up a recurring payment that automatically applies each monthly premium to a payment method in the amount of days prior to the due date that you select. Your Health Plan has the right to modify the payment withdrawal date at any time in accordance with applicable automated clearing house rules. You can end recurring payments at any time by removing the recurring payment arrangement by logging into the eBill platform at https://www.mybenefitshome.com/billing/login. Recurring payments are only available when paying the full invoice amount. Invoice amounts can vary in specific situations and your eBill account will be debited such invoice amount. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your recurring payment schedule at any time with or without cause. We may immediately terminate your recurring payment schedule if: the criteria of the termination clause above is met, if a failed payment occurs for your specific payment method two consecutive times, or if your membership in individual health plan coverage with the Health Plan is terminated. b. One-Time Payment. You can make a one-time payment for the invoice associated with your current coverage period at any time by logging onto the eBill platform. If you had an outstanding balance from a previous invoice, this balance will be rolled onto the invoice for your next coverage period. One-time payments can be made with the payment method(s) available to use within the eBill platform. To make a one-time payment after you’ve signed up for recurring payments, you will need to remove your recurring payment first. c. Guest Pay. You can make one-time guest payments via the guest pay user flow. Your Bill Account Number and Invoice Number(s) are necessary to begin the guest pay user flow. The Bill Account Number and Invoice Number are available to members on paper invoices; the guest pay flow digitally replicates the process of making a one-time payment via mail. You agree not to disclose or otherwise make your Bill Account Number and Invoice Number(s) available to anyone not authorized to view and access the information available on eBill. Your Health Plan shall have no liability for unauthorized access to your information or any unauthorized payments of your bills
6. NOTIFICATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS. By providing information (i.e., e.g. including your mobile telephone number, landline telephone number, and/or email address to us either at the time you opened your existing eBill Service account and/or by opening a new eBill Service account, your Health Plan, or their respective designees (collectively, “Senders”), you agree that Senders may communicate with you electronically, as further described below, with regard to any matter of or related to the eBill Services. If you do not agree to receive electronic communications, you will receive paper communications via U.S. mail or other similar delivery method. You represent and warrant that any wireless telephone number, email address, and/or mailing address that you provide is owned by you. Senders may communicate with you by email, text message, or telephone using the information you provide when opening an account for the eBill Services. a. Email. You agree to receive emails from Senders at the email address you provide to us for purposes outlined here. You may revoke your consent to receive emails by opting out of receiving emails via the link included in any email. b. SMS Text Messages. Senders may send Short Message Service (“SMS”) text messages (“Text Alerts”) to any mobile telephone number that you provide to any Sender. By responding to any such message, you agree that you are enrolling in the eBill Services, and you acknowledge that Senders may send you Text Alerts. This consent is not a required condition of purchasing any property, goods, or services from your Health Plan. You are not required to give us this information or enter into this Agreement to enroll in healthcare benefits with your Health Plan, and it will not increase your premiums. You may opt out of receiving Text Alerts at any time by replying STOP. Replying STOP will opt you out of all future eBill Service text messages. After you submit such a request you will receive one final Text Alert from Sender confirming your request. No additional Text Alerts will be sent unless you reactivate your enrollment in the Text Alerts program. For questions about Text Alerts, text HELP to receive help information about the text communications you receive. The help information does not apply to the eBill system or your specific health plan premiums. Text Alerts may come from any one of these short codes and your Health Plan may change, add, or remove short codes at its discretion. The Text Alerts program is offered on an “as is” basis and: (1) may not be available in all areas at all times; and (2) may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage, or other service changes made by your wireless carrier. Your Health Plan may change or discontinue any of its Text Alerts programs without notice or liability to you. Your Health Plan, its related companies, and their respective officers, directors, and employees are not responsible or liable for any losses or injuries resulting, directly or indirectly, from any Text Alerts program or from technical failures or delays of any kind. Your Health Plan reserves the right to cease delivery of Text Alerts to any person at any time in its sole discretion. Senders do not impose a separate charge for text messages or telephone communications; however, your mobile service provider’s message and data rates may apply depending on the terms and conditions of your mobile telephone contract. You are solely responsible for all message and data charges incurred. If you have any questions about such charges, please contact your mobile service provider.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RESTRICTIONS. Nothing within any of the material and content of the eBill Service shall be construed as conferring any license under any of your Health Plan’s or other third party's intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication, waiver, or otherwise. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that all material and content of the eBill Service is protected by United States copyright, trademark, patent, or other proprietary rights of the company, its licensors, and/or service providers. Except as expressly provided to the contrary, you agree not to modify, alter, or deface any of the trademarks, service marks, or other intellectual property made available by your Health Plan in connection with the eBill Service. You agree not to use any of the trademarks, service marks or other material and content accessible through the eBill Service for any purpose other than the purpose for which such material and content is made available to you by the company. You agree not to defame your Health Plan, the trademarks or service marks of your Health Plan, or any aspect of the eBill Service. You agree not to adapt, translate, modify, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer the eBill Service or any software or programs used in connection with the eBill Service.
8. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY AND WARRANTIES. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR HEALTH PLAN, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, LOSSES OR EXPENSES ARISING OUT OF THIS WEB SITE OR THE EBILL SERVICE OR USE THEREOF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE OR EBILL SERVICE BY ANY PARTY, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE, EVEN IF THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, LOSSES OR EXPENSES. IN THE EVENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN SHALL BE FOR ANY REASON HELD UNENFORCEABLE OR INAPPLICABLE, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR HEALTH PLAN AND ITS AFFILIATES' AGGREGATE LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED ($100) DOLLARS. THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, AND eBILL SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
9. INDEMNIFICATION. Upon a request by your Health Plan, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless your Health Plan and its affiliates, and their employees, contractors, leadership team, and directors, from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorneys' fees and disbursements, that arise from your use or misuse of the eBill Services. Your Health Plan reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with your Health Plan in asserting any available defenses.
10. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without reference to its choice of law rules. By accessing, viewing, or using the eBill Services, you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal and state courts in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania to accept service of process by mail, and waive any jurisdictional and venue defenses otherwise available.
11. NO MODIFICATION OF OTHER AGREEMENTS. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall modify your obligation to pay your premium when it is due in accordance with the terms of your contract. The eBill Service governs only the manner in which you receive and pay your bills.
12. ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE. By checking the “I ACCEPT” box, you are creating an electronic signature carrying the same legal obligations as a written signature and agree to all terms of this Agreement. If you do NOT accept the terms of this Agreement, you may not use the eBill Services. This Agreement is available at terms-conditions.ebillplatform.com. Please print a copy of this Agreement for your records.
13. UPDATES TO THIS AGREEMENT. We may revise this Agreement by notifying by posting any changes on the related site at terms-conditions.ebillplatform.com and sending you a communication as described above. Your continued use of the eBill Service thereafter constitutes an acceptance of the changes and an agreement to be bound by them.
All references to “Highmark” in this document are references to the Highmark company that is providing the member’s health benefits or health benefit administration and/or to one or more of its affiliated Blue companies.
This website is operated by Highmark, Inc. and is not the Health Insurance Marketplace website. It also does not display all Qualified Health Plans available through the Health Insurance Marketplace website. To see all available Qualified Health Plan options, go to the Health Insurance Marketplace website at HealthCare.gov.
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield or Highmark Blue Shield are Medicare Advantage HMO, PPO, and/or Part D plans with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in these plans depends on contract renewal.
®Blue Cross, Blue Shield and the Cross and Shield symbols are registered service marks of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, an association of independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans. Benefits and/or benefit administration may be provided by or through the following entities, which are independent licensees of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association: Western and Northeastern PA: Highmark Inc. d/b/a Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, Highmark Choice Company, Highmark Health Insurance Company, Highmark Coverage Advantage Inc., Highmark Benefits Group Inc., First Priority Health, First Priority Life or Highmark Senior Health Company. Central and Southeastern PA: Highmark Inc. d/b/a Highmark Blue Shield, Highmark Benefits Group Inc., Highmark Health Insurance Company, Highmark Choice Company or Highmark Senior Health Company.
PA: Your plan may not cover all your health care expenses. Read your plan materials carefully to determine which health care services are covered. For more information, call the number on the back of your member ID card or, if not a member, call 866-459-4418.
Delaware: Highmark BCBSD Inc. d/b/a Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield.
West Virginia: Highmark West Virginia Inc. d/b/a Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, Highmark Health Insurance Company or Highmark Senior Solutions Company. Visit our website to view the Access Plan required by the Health Benefit Plan Network Access and Adequacy Act. You may also request a copy by contacting us at the number on the back of your ID card.
Western NY: Highmark Western and Northeastern New York Inc. d/b/a Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Northeastern NY: Highmark Western and Northeastern New York Inc. d/b/a Highmark Blue Shield.
Enter your ZIP code so we can show you personalized information.