Addiction Resource Center

Resources for You

Living with a substance use disorder is never easy. Whether you are a person living with a substance use disorder, caregiver of a person living with a substance use disorder, concerned parent, guardian, spouse or friend, Highmark Wholecare can help. See the resources below to find local services and treatment options for all forms of substance misuse, including opioids, as well as other helpful recovery and support resources.


Since early 2020, our lives have been changed by COVID-19. Many people are struggling with their mental health, substance misuse, or both. It is common to have anxiety about how the pandemic is affecting you and your loved ones. Sometimes these feelings can become overwhelming. Many of the resources on this page can help.

General Resources

  • Pennsylvania Support & Referral Helpline
    • Find help close to home. Call 1-855-284-2494 (TTY: 724-631-5600)
  • PA Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs (PA DDAP) COVID-19 Site
  • PA Department of Human Services (DHS) Resources for Mental Health
  • PA Department of Human Services (DHS) Coronavirus-Related Resources
  • PA 211 - UnitedWay
    • Find help with bills, housing, after-school programs, and more. You may also dial 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898-211. Calls/texts are answered 24/7.
  • National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Helpline: Talk to a trained crisis staff who understands and can help. Call 1-800-950-NAMI (6264). Calls are answered Monday through Friday, 10 am-8pm ET. Also, you can text “NAMI” to 741741. Texts are answered 24/7.
  • National Suicide Prevention Lifelines
    • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
    • Línea Nacional de Prevención del Suicidio: 1-888-628-9454
  • Pennsylvania Get Help Now Helpline for Substance Misuse: This is the preferred pathway for all Pennsylvanians to find help for substance misuse. Calls are confidential and answered 24/7. Call 1-800-662-4357. Follow the prompts to select English or Spanish.

Naloxone is used to reverse the effects of an opioid overdose. In Pennsylvania, anyone can request naloxone at their pharmacy. The standing order, or statewide prescription, allows citizens to do this. Naloxone can also be prescribed by your healthcare provider or ordered through the mail.