Your D-SNP Hearing Benefits
Evaluations, like diagnostic hearing and balance tests to help decide if you need medical treatment, are covered as outpatient care when done by your:
- Other qualified provider
You may also have a $0 copay for some hearing services. Please check your D-SNP Evidence of Coverage (EOC) for details.
2024 Diamond EOC
2024 Diamond Southeast PA EOC
2024 Ruby EOC
2024 Ruby Southeast PA
2023 Diamond EOC
2023 Diamond Southeast PA EOC
2023 Ruby EOC
2023 Ruby Southeast PA
Highmark Wholecare D-SNP members will have one routine hearing exam with a TruHearing provider covered each year. To make an appointment, you can call TruHearing at 1-844-763-4240 (for TTY, dial 711).
Up to two (one for each ear) TruHearing branded hearing aids are covered with your D-SNP.
Hearing Aid Benefits
If you need hearing aids, here are some things to know:
- Your D-SNP plan has its own set of rules for how often you can get new hearing aids. Please check your D-SNP EOC for hearing aid timing.
- You must see a TruHearing provider to use this benefit. Call 1-844-763-4240 to schedule your appointment (for TTY, dial 711).
- Hearing aid benefits are limited to TruHearing’s Select Advanced and Premium hearing aids which are available in many styles and colors.
- Ear molds and hearing aid accessories are not covered.
Hearing Aid Purchases
When you buy TruHearing hearing aids, your purchase includes:
- Follow-up provider visits within first year for fitting and adjustment services
- 60-day trial period
- Three-year extended warranty for replacement or repair of lost or damaged hearing aids
- Batteries for non-rechargeable models
Note, if you buy items that aren’t covered by your D-SNP you’ll pay for the cost upfront.